Most of the yarn I spun was Natural Colored,(greys) but I did throw a pop of color in there, spinning up some roving dyed with Goldenrod.
My second attempt at dyeing with plants.
Goldenrod is abundant in our area, and it would have taken me a short amount of time to gather enough, if I had done it a couple of weeks earlier. I had to do a bit more foraging to find some bright yellow flowers, but I did manage to gather enough. It is a 10-1 ratio, Goldenrod being the 10.
I didn't have any light colored yarn, so I dyed some Tunis Roving that I had.
I have decided that I like dyeing yarn more than the roving. The roving seems to felt a little bit and it made it harder to spin.
|Tunis Dyed with Goldenrod|
Overall, I really enjoyed dyeing with the Goldenrod. I love the color! It was no where near as messy as working with the Pokeberry, but it did take a lot of rinses to get the extra dye out.
This week I am trying Sumac, I will let you know how it goes.