About four weeks ago I made my first attempt at making Goats Milk Soap! It is something that I have wanted to do for years and now I can FINALLY say I did it!
It was intimidating and working with lye was a little scary but I read and reread the directions and took the necessary precautions and it worked out pretty well.
I used the book "Milk Soapmaking" by Anne L. Watson. I purchased the book from Amazon and loved the simple, well laid out directions. I used the "cool technique". After making it, the hardest part was waiting 4 weeks to use it! Mike finally used a bar last night and it appears that my first attempt was successful!
I am looking forward to making another batch, so it will be ready in time for Christmas.
I can now say that I am a soap maker, albeit a green one!